Sooo many options and a fear of choosing the wrong one.
You might leave things so late that you are pressured to make a choice or make a decision and resent having to make it.
Here are your 6 steps to help you beat those feelings and feel confident about making your next decision.
Step 1 – What Outcomes Would You Like?
- Write a list of all that you would like to happen.
- These might be a mix certainties AND possibilities.
- Put these in priority order of what you would like.
Step 2 – What Options Do You Have?
- Now looking at your outcomes, what are the ways of achieving them?
- For any outcome, you might have to be creative and think of multiple ways.
Step 3 – What Are the Consequences?
- Start to understand the impact that each of these Options will have.
- Look at the pros and cons of each one.
- Within each option write your “+” and “-” next to them.
Step 4 – Start Evaluating
- Looking at each Consequence, write the probability of each of these happening.
- Write a “+10” for very likely and a “-10” for very unlikely
Step 5 – Mitigate for Risk
- Look at your downside from the Step above.
- How can you reduce the chances of this happening?
- What creative ways and wins can you think of as a solution?
Step 6 – Make Your Choice
- Review your list and weigh up all the information.
- Make your choice.
Understand that the decision you make now is the best decision you can make with all the information you have.
Making a decision and then realising it wasn’t what you thought it would be, doesn’t make that decision wrong.
It means you have a chance of doing two things – changing it based on new information or learning from the original choice. Either way, it’s a win/win.
Signup for Articles & Freebies
Don’t worry – I hate spam too!