Clients typically come to me with a goal in mind, or a particular issue in their life.
99% of the time, the issue presented to me, has an underlying cause, or stems from something developed unconsciously within the formative years of their childhood, from 0 to 8 years old. The issue, popping up later in their life, can be an indicator of something deeper.
So sometimes, what may appear to be at a surface level, can often be at a deeper level, perhaps never even considered before.
- Creative Blocks are almost never about better brain-storming.
- Overeating is almost never about food.
- And fear of public speaking is almost never about how to deliver a good speech.
The Neurological Levels
This diagram can help you to visualise the depth of a potential issue.
With an issue in mind – what level are you at?
- Where are you physically?
- What are your ideal conditions to be in?
- How does your environment allow you the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive?
- What types of people are you sharing this environment with?
- How do those people around you contribute towards you?
- How are they supportive or encouraging to you?
- How do they speak in passive, indifferent or negative ways?
- What could you do to put yourself in a more positive environment or enhance your current one?
- What habits do you currently have that aren’t helping you?
- What are the things you could do that if you did regularly, would make a positive difference?
- What behaviours have you learned that are so natural you’ve never questioned?
- What person do you admire and can model parts of their behaviour?
- What do you love doing?
- How do your behaviours align with your values?
Skills & Capabilities
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What skills would be helpful to develop?
- What skills have you learned but no longer use?
- What small steps could you take to build new capabilities?
- Have you ever achieved anything similar before?
- Who do you know that could teach you?
- Where has your belief about this situation come from?
- How does having this belief help you?
- How do you represent time in your mind?
- What does money mean to you?
- What would be a more helpful belief for you?
- What do you have control of?
- What do you believe about yourself in this situation?
- Who are you being you, if not you?
- What are your values?
- Who are you becoming?
- Who do you want to become?
- What does success look like to you?
- What do you want out of life?
- How does this relate to your priorities in life?
- How would you describe your purpose in life?
- Who influenced your life choices if not you?
- What impact would you like to have in the world?
- What would be your ideal future impact in 20 years time?
- Who would benefit from you living your purpose?
- What are you doing on a daily basis to help with this?
If any of these sections resonate with you, and the further down the neurological level you are, the deeper level the issue could be.
In the same way crafting a pyramid is built from the bottom layer, this too will act as your base. If you are able to provide answers to the “Purpose” section, then the strength of your pyramid is enforced from the base. And same as it goes up. The more holes in your layers, the more unstable it can become!
Would your pyramid catch you out anywhere?
Signup for Articles & Freebies
Don’t worry – I hate spam too!